Worcester Learning Zone
We have no vacancies at present.
If you would like to be considered for future tutor vacancies please send your C.V. and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Worcester Learning Zone, we are always keen to hear from enthusiastic and talented tutors who would like to join our team. We provide one to one tuition in all academic subjects from Primary school to A Level. We also cater for adult learning and provide tuition in a range of subjects such as languages, literacy and numeracy, and even iPad training. If you are passionate about a particular subject, and are able to teach in a style that builds confidence and enjoyment, then we would like to hear from you. At Worcester Learning Zone, we strongly believe that learning should be a positive experience, and once a student feels more confident and starts to enjoy a subject, success will follow.
The post holder will be required to:
- Teach students on a one to one or small group basis, in the subject and age group specified, at our premises in Worcester city centre.
- Provide a 30 minute consultation to any new students and their parents to assess the students needs, show them around the Learning Zone, and answer any questions the student and parents may have.
- Take part in monthly staff meetings
- Commit to a minimum of four hours tutoring a week.
- Work in accordance with the company’s safeguarding policy
- Support the equality, diversity and rights of students and their families, as well as colleagues.
- In working for Worcester Learning Zone and with our students, the post holder may have access to confidential information regarding students or the company. All such information is to be treated as strictly confidential.
Skills and Experience
We are looking for tutors who are dedicated and want to work in a great environment, inspiring a confidence and love of learning in students of all backgrounds. Teaching experience is a bonus, but not as important as fantastic communication skills and a desire to improve enjoyment and confidence in all students.
Hours of Work
Most of our tutoring takes place during after school hours and on Saturdays. If you are teaching adults, or home schooled children, some may take place during the day. We try to be as flexible as possible and find a time that is mutually convenient for the tutor and the student.
This job description is not intended to form part of a contract of employment, but is a guide for information regarding the job. It is not intended as a complete list of duties and may be reviewed periodically.